Stoke on Trent Local Offer
Stoke on Trent Council has to produce a Local Offer for parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND). The purpose of the Local Offer is to `offer' information for parents and young people, in a single place, which helps them to understand what services they and their family can expect from a range of local agencies.
The Children and Families Act (2014) has introduced a new approach to the way children, young people and their families are supported. The Local Offer will bring together information from education, health and social care about Special Educational Needs and Disability all into one place explaining:
- what the law says they may be entitled to;
- what is available for their child from early years settings, schools (including Academies and Free Schools), colleges and other services,
- What is available from education, health and social care.
It covers children and young people from birth to 25.
The Stoke on Trent Local Offer continues to develop with contributions from parents, young people and professionals. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEN at Portland
All Portland pupils have statements for Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. Some pupils also have additional needs mentioned on their statements.
We are compliant with the following:
- Section 69(2) of the Children and Families Act 2014
- Regulation 51 and schedule 1 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014
For all SEN queries contact Miss Burgess on 01782 88 2020 or email@example.com